5.24.2012

Jicama Salad

I made this last night...


I used to make this back in my restaurant kitchen days. Jicama is a root vegetable that is a little bit sweet with a texture kind of like an apple. I saw some in the store the other day and it reminded me of the salad we used to make in the restaurant.  Here is my version...

Salad
1 jicama, sliced
2 oranges, sliced or segmented
1 cup watermelon, sliced
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

Dressing
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 lime, juiced and zested
1/2 teaspoon chili powder

Mix the ingredients for the dressing in the bottom of a large bowl.  Add the jicama, the fruit and cilantro to the bowl.  Toss it all together, and there you go.

It is so fresh and tasty. I served it along side cilantro lime ground turkey, black beans, brown rice, homemade salsa and avocado slices.



No comments:

Post a Comment