7.14.2009

Say No To Horsepower. {Sometimes}

Just like any other Tuesday the boys had their gymnastics class and I had to make a post office run to ship out an order. The weather here on the Central Coast is finally starting to feel like summer. It was all the more reason for me to ditch the Mom Van today and load the kids up in the bike trailer. Just so you know, though, I put up a pretty good argument in my head about whether or not I'd do it... Haul almost 100 pounds worth of kids? 180 horsepower? Hmmm... Tough decision. Then the Healthy Jen said to the Lazy Jen, "Are your legs broken?" Ok, then.

I knew for sure I'd bike to gymnastics because it's only a few blocks away. I stowed my packages in the back of the trailer Just In Case I thought I could make it all the way to the post office. Really, it's not that far either, maybe 5 or so miles round trip.

I decided to go ahead and take the ride all the way to the post office. The weather was amazing today and the boys love to ride in that thing. So glad I did it.

As far as marathon training goes... I've only run one mile this week so far. I've mostly been doing cardio on the bike or on the elliptical trainer at the gym. Over the next few weeks I'm going to slowly get myself up to running for at least thirty minutes at a time. I found a 10-week half marathon training schedule that I'm going to start in a couple of months.

Today's Workout: Rode the bike (while hauling two boys) to run errands instead of car.

No comments:

Post a Comment