7.12.2009

Day One.

I am so not a runner. Never have been. The very thought of running makes my shins hurt and my sides ache. So, why in the world would I commit to running a half marathon? Why?

BECAUSE I CAN!

I'm 32, I have my health. I have perfectly functioning arms and legs. My heart is in excellent, working condition. And I want them to stay that way. Why wouldn't I take advantage of the fact that I am physically able to keep myself healthy? No more excuses. No more wasting time. I can do this. I CAN do this.

Other reasons for this lifestyle change:

1. To set an example for my two boys. My husband, Mike, already works out on a daily basis. I want the boys to see BOTH of their parents eating well and exercising and taking care of their bodies.

2. To inspire others who might be in a rut. It's hard to find the motivation to just get up and do it. Especially when the only time you have for yourself is limited. If I can do this, you can do this.

3. I bought a new pair of $115 running shoes, so I gotta get my money's worth.

So, as I begin to train for this half marathon, I am going begin this journal. Hopefully to inspire, but also, to keep myself on track.

Here I go...

Today's Workout: Bike ride while hauling kids in bike trailer, two laps jogging around track {ouch}, about a mile walk with family after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment